Lee este post en Español acá
I went to the turkish shop a couple of weeks ago and bought some yellow lentils to change from the conventional that I always buy. I wanted to make the typical yellow lentil curry but then I remembered that after spending 3 months in India eating curry every single day I got sick of it, so now I can’t stand the taste of indian curry. So I went to the supermarket yesterday and bought some coconut milk. I thought that if I give them more like a Thai taste then I could eat them without thinking of curry, and it worked!
– 2 cups of yellow lentils
– 1 chopped onion
– 3 garlic cloves
– 2 teaspoons of cumin
– 1 teaspoon of paprika
– 1/3 of an aubergine cut in dices
– 1 cup of diced tomatoes, it can be fresh of canned
– 1 can (400ml) of coconut milk
– Fresh chopped coriander
Step by Step
– Wash the lentils and boil according to package instructions.
– On a pan put some oil with the onions and the garlic. Stir for a couple of minutes and add the spices, salt and pepper.
– Add aubergines and tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
– Add coconut milk and let it boil covered for 5-8 minutes.
– Add the lentils to the pan, mix everything and serve with some fresh coriander on top.
You can see that in the picture I also added some chicken, but that was for my boyfriend who needs to have meat on his plate. My original idea is to make it a vegetarian/vegan dish.
Hope you enjoy it!