I’m sure that like me, there are many others missing so much our chilean style sushi!
You might be wondering what is that, isn’t sushi Japanese cuisine? Well, you are right, but my experience after traveling and living abroad have taught me that every single country does it in a slightly different way.
Here in London, as the avocado is a precious fruit and every-time I go out for sushi I feel something is missing. But, there is no need to panic and if you haven’t tried it yet, why not try it now?
This is a very simple recipe that won’t take more than 30 min to prepare and it won’t cost you a fortune.
- 2 chicken breast
- 250 g of cream cheese (I used low fat)
- 2 cups of sushi rice
- 3 cups of water
- 1 avocado
- 4 spring onions
- 2 tsp of sesame seeds
- Soy sauce
- Wash or rinse the rice first in a colander until the water runs clear.
- In a sauce pan, add the rice and water and bring to boil, then reduce lower the heat, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Chop the green side of the spring onion, 2 cm wide.
- Slice or dice the avocado and the rinse in a colander so they don’t stick together.
- Slice the chicken into thin strings.
- Once you have finished slicing the chicken, get a frying pan, add some olive oil and add the chicken. Cooked until is tender and then season with teriyaki sauce.
- Once is ready in a serving bowl put all the ingredients together and season with soy sauce at taste.
Easy and very tasty!