Very easy and delicious way to make a soup for those cold and not too cold days. We normally make this on Sundays and save the rest for mid-week after work when we are too tired to even attempt to prepare dinner. Is filling and you can keep it in the fridge for a few days or for those who like to freeze this dish is perfectly suitable for freezing.
1 onion, peeled and quartered
1 Butternut squash, peeled, seedless and roughly cubed. (If you don’t have replace with 500gr of Pumpkin)
1 carrot, washed, peeled and roughly chopped
1 tbsp butter or oil (I used olive oil)
500g vegetable stock (If you don’t have them you can replace it for chicken stock)
2 tbsp of Cream (I used creme fraiche, lighter)
Basil leaves at taste (I didn’t used)
- Place onion into bowl and chop for 5 seconds/speed 7.
- Add butter/oil and saute for 3 mins/100 degrees/speed 1.
- Add pumpkin and carrot and chop for 15 seconds/speed 7.
- Add stock and cook for 20 mins/100 degrees/speed 1.
- Add cream, salt and pepper and blend for 15-20 seconds by slowly going from speed 1-9.
*If you don’t have a Thermomix you can use a sauce pan to sauté the onion and cook the the soup following the same timings and temperature.
Rich and healthy soup for any time and if you are having guests around this is a nice starter or main – just add more of each ingredient.
Tip –> Remember you can accompany the soup with baguette or toast.